Věrka leads Power Yoga classes with us every Thursday at 5:00 PM in the small hall.
WHAT IS POWER YOGA:
Power yoga, also known as Power Vinyasa yoga, is an intense and physically demanding style of yoga that combines elements of traditional yoga with dynamic and fast-paced movements. This exercise program was created in response to the increased demand for a more challenging and fitness-oriented practice that incorporates yoga elements. Power yoga is often associated with physical exertion and body strengthening. The main characteristics of Power Yoga include:
- Dynamism: Power yoga involves rapid and fluid transitions between various yoga poses, creating a continuous flow of movement. This dynamic approach to yoga aims to strengthen muscles, improve fitness, and elevate heart rate.
- Strength: This style of yoga emphasizes full-body strengthening, especially the core muscles (abdominal and back muscles), upper body, and lower limbs. The practice includes numerous asanas (yoga poses) that require strength.
- Cardiovascular Exercise: Power yoga can be very demanding on the cardiovascular system, as it involves fast movements and breath synchronization with the movements. This can improve heart and vascular health.
- Increased Temperature: Some classes are conducted in a warmer environment, which can aid in muscle relaxation and increase flexibility.
- Breath Synchronization: Like in other yoga styles, Power Yoga places an emphasis on proper breath technique, which helps calm the mind and synchronize breath with movements.
Power yoga is suitable for individuals seeking an intense workout that combines physical exertion with yoga elements. It’s important to note that this form of yoga can be demanding and is therefore suitable for people with a certain level of physical fitness. If you are a beginner, you can start with gentler styles of yoga and gradually, as you improve your strength and flexibility, progress to Power Yoga.